Diese Einführung gibt Studierende einen Einblick in die Theorien, Strategien und Werkzeuge vom Design am Theater. Durch zahlreiche illustrierten Fallstudien und Analysen von Schlüsselbegriffen wird das Berufsbild des Ausstatters und Bühnen-/Kostümbildners erläutert.
Aus dem Klappentext – das Buch ist in englischer Sprache:
Through its numerous illustrated case studies and analysis of key terms, students will build an understanding of the design process and be able to:
- identify the fundamentals of theatre design and scenography
- recognize the role of individual design areas such as scenery, costume, lighting and sound
- develop both conceptual and analytical thinking
- Communicate their own understanding of complex design work
- trace the traditions of stage design, from Sebastiano Serlio to Julie Taymor.
Demonstrating the dynamics of good design through the work of influential designers, Stephen Di Benedetto also looks in depth at script analysis, stylistic considerations and the importance of collaboration to the designer’s craft.
This is an essential guide for students and teachers of theatre design. Readers will form not only a strong ability to explain and understand the process of design, but also the basic skills required to conceive and realise designs of their own.
1. The Theatre Designer’s Job
2. Traditions of Stage Design
3. The Vocabulary of Visual Thinking
4. The Artistry of the Set
5. The Artistry of the Costume
6. The Artistry of Light
7. The Artistry of Sound
8. The Collaborative Process.
Glossary. Bibliography. Index